What do people think about bikinis?
It depends mainly on what you’re doing and what your level of comfort is. One-pieces are great if you’re not very comfortable having a bikini bottom on, and also really great if you are planning on doing some serious, serious swimming. Pretty much all women who swim competitively swim in a one-piece.
One major drawback to a one-piece is your torso. If you have an odd torso length (well, odd compared to the one-piece), the one-piece would not feel very comfortable on as it would either be too long or too short.
Bikinis are great if you’re comfortable in your body. They are also great if you are looking to get a good, most fully covered tan. If you aren’t very comfortable in your body, there are higher waisted bottoms that allow you to cover higher. There are also tankini tops, basically a tank top made of bikini material, that covers up a lot. These aren’t good for serious swimming, but for laying out at the pool or just casually hanging in the pool, they are great. You also have options like halter bikini tops that cover more than a typical top, but are more suited for actual water action.
- Eat healthy
- Move your body. Work out, ride the bike, go running. Anything is good as long as you enjoy keeping your body in motion
- Be happy
- Love your body and treat it right, because no amount of surgery is going to provide you with another body
- Did I say Be Happy? Because, you know if you feel good, you’ll look good
- Your body is bikini ready when you are bikini ready
- NO DIETING! That’s bad for your health and your disposition. Don’t diet, it’s a battle you’ll lose right from the start
- I can’t say it enough: love yourself and your body
- And buy some awesome and pretty, well fitting bikinis. They need to fit on your body, not the other way around. No need to try to look like Twiggy.
In Blue Crush, we meet three Hawaiian surfers who work as hotel maids, live in a grotty rental, and are raising the kid sister of one of them. Despite this near-poverty, they look great; there is nothing like a tan and a bikini to overcome class distinctions.
I swear to God, I went in to buy bikinis, and the lady’s like, ‘You’re not getting out of this store ’til you get down there and show me what you do for those abs and the arms’. She wouldn’t sell me my bikinis! I had to get on the floor and do the stomach thing.