What do people think about bikinis?
Oh, how I regret not having worn a bikini for the entire year I was twenty-six. If anyone young is reading this, go, right this minute, put on a bikini, and don’t take it off until you’re thirty-four.
Confidence: It’s the difference between the girl with the perfect body in a one-piece bathing suit, pulling at it and thinking she’s not thin enough or doesn’t have big enough boobs – and the girl who people call a bit overweight, but meanwhile, she’s wearing a bikini and guys are saying, “God, she’s sexy.” It all has to do with how you feel about yourself – it’s about projecting the attitude, I’m OK with who I am.
It depends mainly on what you’re doing and what your level of comfort is. One-pieces are great if you’re not very comfortable having a bikini bottom on, and also really great if you are planning on doing some serious, serious swimming. Pretty much all women who swim competitively swim in a one-piece.
One major drawback to a one-piece is your torso. If you have an odd torso length (well, odd compared to the one-piece), the one-piece would not feel very comfortable on as it would either be too long or too short.
Bikinis are great if you’re comfortable in your body. They are also great if you are looking to get a good, most fully covered tan. If you aren’t very comfortable in your body, there are higher waisted bottoms that allow you to cover higher. There are also tankini tops, basically a tank top made of bikini material, that covers up a lot. These aren’t good for serious swimming, but for laying out at the pool or just casually hanging in the pool, they are great. You also have options like halter bikini tops that cover more than a typical top, but are more suited for actual water action.
- Eat healthy
- Move your body. Work out, ride the bike, go running. Anything is good as long as you enjoy keeping your body in motion
- Be happy
- Love your body and treat it right, because no amount of surgery is going to provide you with another body
- Did I say Be Happy? Because, you know if you feel good, you’ll look good
- Your body is bikini ready when you are bikini ready
- NO DIETING! That’s bad for your health and your disposition. Don’t diet, it’s a battle you’ll lose right from the start
- I can’t say it enough: love yourself and your body
- And buy some awesome and pretty, well fitting bikinis. They need to fit on your body, not the other way around. No need to try to look like Twiggy.